via ferrata "arma" - national park of parnitha
As the name suggests, the concept is Italian. Immediately after the 1st World War in the Dolomites, people started climbing the mountains taking advantage of the extensive infrastructure left behind by the soldiers. The routes were impressive and took you to places otherwise inaccessible. The development of tourism in the area led to the maintenance of old and the creation of new routes. At the moment thousands of people visit the Dolomites in the summer to climb one of the thousands of amazing routes.
A via ferrata can be short and short (200-300 m), but it can be long and reach up to 1000 m, requiring mountain experience. One can even do multi-day routes passing from one via ferrata to another. A via ferrata is not as demanding as a climbing route. It is certainly more demanding than simple hiking.
On the wilder side of Mount Parnitha, the impressive right slope of Armas dominates.
The via ferrata in Arma starts a little above the Kliiston tis Fili monastery and then the path passes through exposure points in the void and this in itself is quite exciting! But what really makes it special is the direct contact with the special nature of the imposing vertical slope. It is addressed to all those who do not have a phobia of heights and have a satisfactory physical condition. Even for children. Accompanied by adults of course.
What does a Via Ferrata gear include?
In each and every of your Via Ferrata adventures you will need the 4 most important elements:
- Helmet : protects you from possible falls of rocks that may occur on steep slopes
- Via Ferrata Kit: the most important part of the equipment – consists of 2 carbines with automatic safety, a sling in the form of Y and shock absorption mechanism. With the help of the two carbines, you permanently secure yourself to the metal cable along the route.
- Hiking boots with Vibram soles: for every route, even those with a low degree of difficulty you need boots with an adhesive sole, great rigidity and high cut for ankle protection
- Harness: secures you, together with eh Via Ferrata kit in case of a fall
Apart from the gear mentioned before it is worth mentioning the following elements worth having with you:
- Gloves for using on the metal cable and not damaging your palms
- First Aid Kit
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Water and a snack
- Clothes suitable for the weather forecast, maybe even a spare T-shirt
Meeting Point & Time
Per Person / Include Vat 24%
Trip Cost - Details
* 45€ – per person
Prices includes legal VAT 24%
- PIRAEUS: GR12 0172 0400 0050 4009 3094 964
- NATIONAL BANK: GR49 0110 1570 0000 1576 4615 736
- ALPHA : GR50 0140 1380 1380 0234 0005 135
- EUROBANK: GR8802600960000110200873965
Legal Beneficiary: Ilias Tsatsaronis
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Must Have !!
What you should bring with you (minimum necessary basic equipment)
- The above program, the routes and the duration of the activities are subject to change due to the ability of the group, the physical condition of the participants and the weather conditions that will prevail in the area. ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties.
- The activity of VIA FERRATA is also suitable for beginners as long as they have a good standard physical condition
In case of cancellation of participation and if an advance payment or the full price has been paid, the following applies:
- One-day with travel by the participant's own means, cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the event, full refund. After 72 hours, no refunds will be made.
- For one-day coach trips up to 7 days before the start of the event, full refund. After the 7 days, no refunds will be made.
- For the two-day, three-day, multi-day excursions by bus or with the same means of transport, with accommodation in a shelter, hotel, guesthouse, camping (as provided for each event) up to 21 days before the start of the event, full refund.
- Up to 10 days before the start of the event, 50% refund of the total cost.
- In any other case of cancellation less than 10 days before the event, no refund will be made
Stay in Touch
We will send you at most one or two short email a month. And we will NEVER EVER pass your info to any other outfit, no matter how worthy.
G.E.MI. (GENERAL COMMERCIAL REGISTRY): 159388603000