ACCOMMODATION IN THE SHELTER LIMITED AVAILABILITY
For those who wish to stay at the shelter, please contact us before proceeding with the reservation !!!
TAYGETOS 2407m - THE PHENOMENON OF PYRAMID - SUMMIT ADVENTURES | SATURDAY 18 & SUNDAY 19 JUNE, 2022
Taygetos, ascent to the Holy Mountain !! You consider it one of the most impressive ascents… and not unjustly !!! We chose the best season to enjoy the Phenomenon of the Pyramid at sunrise from the top of the mountain at 2407m !!!
What is the Phenomenon of the Taygetus Pyramid:
A few minutes before sunrise and with a clear atmosphere, the perfect equilateral triangular shadow of the pyramidal peak of Taygetos is formed in the Messinian gulf, on the horizon of western Messinia. Most of the mountain tops were considered sacred historically and religiously, as as they were closest to the Sun, people believed that their prayers were easier to hear from there.
Mount Taygetos is the highest mountain in the Peloponnese with a height of 2407 meters and the summit called Prophet Elias from the homonymous church that was built on top of it. The name Taygetos, as testified by the ancient traveler Pausanias, has mythological roots. The name comes from Taygeti, one of the daughters of Atlanta who ended her life falling on a mountain cliff. Fir and pine forests cover the sub-alpine area, gorges with ravines shaded by plane trees are some features of an incredible landscape !! The highest peak of the mountain is a solid limestone that forms an almost perfect pyramid and is considered a sacred place since antiquity! The highest peak of Taygetos was called “Taleton” or “Talton” by the ancients and was considered a sacred location of the Sun !!
The top of the pyramid, from what is said, is in absolute conceivable line with Olympus, and is a reference point for coordinates for several areas. The Pythagoreans speak of an energy place, of a ‘Gate “, in a place where nature has chosen to inoculate the world with light, spirit, Greek Culture !! Besides, it is not accidental that Anaximander in antiquity, according to what Cicero writes, he had set up an “observatory” at the top to observe the movement of the stars !!!
The Climb to the HOLY MOUNTAIN is an important achievement from the ancient Spartans until today and is one of the most exciting mountaineering experiences that one must try even once !!
DETAILS OF THE TWO-DAY PROGRAM
/ Per Person
includes VAT 24%
Book This Tour
ACCOMMODATION IN THE SHELTER: 120 € / per person
ACCOMMODATION ON TENT: 110 € / per person
Places in the shelter are limited (17) so order of priority will be observed
Prices include legal VAT 24%
Participants must deposit 50% in advance within 3 days from the date of submission of their entry, otherwise the place is vacated. The rest how much will be paid 10 (ten) days before the date of the trip.
Registrations until 01 June 2022
- PIRAEUSBANK : GR12 0172 0400 0050 4009 3094 964 SWIFT Code / BIC: PIRBGRAA
- NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE: GR4901101570000015764615736 SWIFT Code / BIC : ETHNGRAA
- ALPHA BANK : GR5001401380138002340005135
SWIFT Code / BIC: CRBAGRAAXXX
Legal Beneficiary: TSATSARONIS ILIAS
- SALEWA MICRA II TENT (2 PERSON) : 10,00€
- SALEWA ATLAS III TENT (3 PERSON): 15,00€
- SLEEPING PAD: 2,50€
What you should have with you (minimum essential equipment)
• Participants agree and grant ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS the right to use the photographic material, videos and other data, created in connection with their participation in the activities
• The participant must accept the instructions and rules of ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS before and during the activity, otherwise ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to exclude him / her from the activity, without the participant receive compensation. The same is true in the case of inappropriate behavior or creating problems in the team.
• Each participant must – is obliged to inform about any health problems
• ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to exclude any participant, if it deems that his / her psychological – physical condition endangers himself / herself or the other participants
In case the participants have not reached the age of 18, they can participate in the activities only with the support of the parents / guardians and with their written consent.
In case of cancellation of participation and if an advance payment has been paid or the full price, the following applies:
- One-day transfer by the same means of the participant, cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the event, full refund. No refund after 72 hours
- For one-day excursions by bus up to 7 days before the start of the event, full refund. No refund after 7 days
- For the two-day, three-day, multi-day excursions by bus or by the same means of transport, with accommodation in a shelter, hotel, hostel, camping (as provided for each event) up to 21 days before the start of the event full refund. Up to 10 days before the start of the event, 50% refund on the total cost. In case of cancellation for less than 10 days before the event, no refund will be given
In each of our actions you will find the corresponding application form, which you must complete with all your details. In order for an application to be accepted, all the information you provide to us must be true, so that the organizers can contact you in case of need.
Completing the application is an expression of interest for the trip on your part to us. To close / secure your position, you need to deposit the corresponding amount in the bank accounts that you will receive or report, writing as a reason your surname & the respective destination – activity. Upon completion of the respective deposit you will receive in your e-mail, the legal document (Receipt – Invoice) automatically confirming your reservation, from us.
The above program, the routes and the duration of the activities are subject to changes due to the ability of the team, the physical condition of the participants and the weather conditions that will prevail in the area. ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties