TAYGETOS 2407m - THE PHENOMENON OF PYRAMID
Taygetos 2407μ - Summit Adventures
Transportation will be by Bus
The Phenomenon Of Pyramid
Taygetos, ascent to the Holy Mountain !! You consider it one of the most impressive ascents… and not unjustly !!! We chose the best season to enjoy the Phenomenon of the Pyramid at sunrise from the top of the mountain at 2407m !!!
What is the Phenomenon of the Taygetus Pyramid:
A few minutes before sunrise and with a clear atmosphere, the perfect equilateral triangular shadow of the pyramidal peak of Taygetos is formed in the Messinian gulf, on the horizon of western Messinia. Most of the mountain tops were considered sacred historically and religiously, as as they were closest to the Sun, people believed that their prayers were easier to hear from there.
Mount Taygetos is the highest mountain in the Peloponnese with a height of 2407 meters and the summit called Prophet Elias from the homonymous church that was built on top of it. The name Taygetos, as testified by the ancient traveler Pausanias, has mythological roots. The name comes from Taygeti, one of the daughters of Atlanta who ended her life falling on a mountain cliff. Fir and pine forests cover the sub-alpine area, gorges with ravines shaded by plane trees are some features of an incredible landscape !! The highest peak of the mountain is a solid limestone that forms an almost perfect pyramid and is considered a sacred place since antiquity! The highest peak of Taygetos was called “Taleton” or “Talton” by the ancients and was considered a sacred location of the Sun !!
The top of the pyramid, from what is said, is in absolute conceivable line with Olympus, and is a reference point for coordinates for several areas. The Pythagoreans speak of an energy place, of a ‘Gate “, in a place where nature has chosen to inoculate the world with light, spirit, Greek Culture !! Besides, it is not accidental that Anaximander in antiquity, according to what Cicero writes, he had set up an “observatory” at the top to observe the movement of the stars !!!
The Climb to the HOLY MOUNTAIN is an important achievement from the ancient Spartans until today and is one of the most exciting mountaineering experiences that one must try even once !!
ACCOMODATION - SHELTER / TENTS
Taygetou Refuge – At Varvara location at an altitude of 1,550m.
• Capacity: 22 people.
• Has power from a photovoltaic system.
• Heating: Oil stove.
• Water supply: From a reservoir and source at a distance of 200 m.
• Kitchen: Organized.
• Restrooms outside the shelter.
Meeting Point / Time
Per Person / Include Vat 24%
€115€ - 125€
DETAILS OF THE TWO-DAY PROGRAM
Trip Cost - Details
* 125€ per person / for shelter accomodation
* 115€ per person / for overnight in tents
*** For the unemployed/students -€15.00 discount
Prices includes legal VAT 24%
- PIRAEUS: GR12 0172 0400 0050 4009 3094 964
- NATIONAL BANK: GR49 0110 1570 0000 1576 4615 736
- ALPHA : GR50 0140 1380 1380 0234 0005 135
- EUROBANK: GR8802600960000110200873965
Legal Beneficiary: Ilias Tsatsaronis
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Must Have !!
What you should bring with you (minimum necessary basic equipment)
- The above program, the routes and the duration of the activities are subject to change due to the ability of the group, the physical condition of the participants and the weather conditions that will prevail in the area. ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties.
- The activity is also suitable for beginners as long as they have a good standard physical condition
In case of cancellation of participation and if an advance payment or the full price has been paid, the following applies:
- One-day with travel by the participant's own means, cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the event, full refund. After 72 hours, no refunds will be made.
- For one-day coach trips up to 7 days before the start of the event, full refund. After the 7 days, no refunds will be made.
- For the two-day, three-day, multi-day excursions by bus or with the same means of transport, with accommodation in a shelter, hotel, guesthouse, camping (as provided for each event) up to 21 days before the start of the event, full refund.
- Up to 10 days before the start of the event, 50% refund of the total cost.
- In any other case of cancellation less than 10 days before the event, no refund will be made
Stay in Touch
We will send you at most one or two short email a month. And we will NEVER EVER pass your info to any other outfit, no matter how worthy.
G.E.MI. (GENERAL COMMERCIAL REGISTRY): 159388603000