LAKE DASIOU, TOP OF PERDIKOULA 1693m - ZIREAIA | SUNDAY 06, FEBRUARY
Lake Dassiou is a mountainous seasonal lake with an area of about 60 acres, located in the mountain range of Kyllini in the prefecture of Corinth, at an altitude of 1,480 meters, and is characterized as a polga, ie a shallow lake. It retains water most months of the year (8-9 months), but dries in summer. It is one of the few natural lakes in the Peloponnese and is one of the few in Greece at this altitude.
The name of the lake is due to the strong and rich family of Dassios or Dassaeans from Trikala, Corinth, which cultivated areas in the wider area of the lake and maintained flocks of sheep and goats. It was one of the most important noble families of Trikala. Local tradition states that it originates from Normandy.
Lake Dassiou offers unique images as it transforms into the changes of the seasons! The image of its completely icy surface is followed by the reflection of winter clouds in its blue waters, when the ice begins to melt, the repetition of the green of the firs in its still waters in spring and the revelation of the sun engraved by the fire of the sun, clay of Autumn. The winter cold-resistant anemones bloom in the forest glades and around the Dassiou lake.
The beautiful bellows, Bellis Perennis, fill the mountain meadows around Lake Dassiou and the plateau, as well as the streams, such as Mikro Kefalari, with the white petals that turn purple at the bottom. Lake Dassiou is one of the most mountainous in Greece, protected by the Natura 2000 Network, species of protected reptiles live and reproduce, such as the spotted and striped sea turtle and during the winter months it freezes and one can walk fearlessly on its entire surface. lake.
Perdikoula peak 1693m. The route to the top of Perdikoula will reward us with the amazing view to the peaks of Ziria, Mavrioros and the sea to the north. This hiking trail is also suitable for beginners in good physical condition provided they have the necessary basic equipment.
/ per pax
Including VAT 24%
Book This Tour
Mountain Leader | Mob. +306941 430681
What you should have with you (minimum essential equipment)
IN CASE THAT THE SNOW CONDITIONS THAT WILL PREVAIL ON THE DAY OF OUR EXCURSION WILL NOT ALLOW THE SAFE ACCESS OF THIS SPECIFIC TRAIL / ROUTE, THERE WILL BE AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE IN THE AREA
• Participants agree and grant ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS the right to use the photographic material, videos and other data, created in connection with their participation in the activities
• The participant must accept the instructions and rules of ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS before and during the activity, otherwise ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to exclude him / her from the activity, without the participant receive compensation. The same is true in the case of inappropriate behavior or creating problems in the team.
• Each participant must – is obliged to inform about any health problems
• ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to exclude any participant, if it deems that his / her psychological – physical condition endangers himself / herself or the other participants
In case the participants have not reached the age of 18, they can participate in the activities only with the support of the parents / guardians and with their written consent.
In case of cancellation of participation and if an advance payment has been paid or the full price, the following applies:
- One-day transfer by the same means of the participant, cancellation up to 72 hours before the start of the event, full refund. No refund after 72 hours
- For one-day excursions by bus up to 7 days before the start of the event, full refund. No refund after 7 days
- For the two-day, three-day, multi-day excursions by bus or by the same means of transport, with accommodation in a shelter, hotel, hostel, camping (as provided for each event) up to 21 days before the start of the event full refund. Up to 10 days before the start of the event, 50% refund on the total cost. In case of cancellation for less than 10 days before the event, no refund will be given
In each of our actions you will find the corresponding application form, which you must complete with all your details. In order for an application to be accepted, all the information you provide to us must be true, so that the organizers can contact you in case of need.
Completing the application is an expression of interest for the trip on your part to us. To close / secure your position, you need to deposit the corresponding amount in the bank accounts that you will receive or report, writing as a reason your surname & the respective destination – activity. Upon completion of the respective deposit you will receive in your e-mail, the legal document (Receipt – Invoice) automatically confirming your reservation, from us.
The above program, the routes and the duration of the activities are subject to changes due to the ability of the team, the physical condition of the participants and the weather conditions that will prevail in the area. ADVENTURE CLUB HELLAS reserves the right to modify or cancel any outdoor activity due to bad weather or technical difficulties